During the past year, news outlets such as the New York Times, the Washington Post and Time Magazine have told the story of how scales of life are tipped heavily against young black men succeeding. The 100BMSF believes that we can help balance those scales and make a difference. Founded in 1989, the organization’s membership consists of men from the African Diaspora dedicated to ensuring the educational, financial and social success of young black males. Through hard work and a commitment to our mission, we have been able to develop and establish multiple tutoring programs and a robust mentoring program, sponsor several community health fairs, and grant college scholarships. This past year, the 100 along with it Stakeholders were able to provide the following to the South Florida Community:
- Christmas Shopping Spree – we provided Christmas Joy to more than 200 children
- College & Career Expo – we provided more than $30M in scholarships to more than 1900 students from Miami-Dade, Broward. Palm Beach and Orange County School Districts
- Mentoring and Education programming – touched the lives of more than
- National Flight Academy – we sponsored more than 25 students to participate at the Pensacola Naval Station for Spring Break
- Summer Academy’s (Law, Medical and Nursing & Health Sciences – more than 200 students participated in these week long Academy’s
- Thanksgiving Food Drive – we fed more than 10,000 people in South Florida
We hope to build on these accomplishments in the coming year. The organization would not be able to operate successfully without support from friends like you. As a Friend of the 100, your support will help us make a meaningful impact in the lives of African-American youth throughout the South Florida area.
To Become a Partner, Contribute Online:
Mail Contributions to:
100 Black Men of South Florida, Inc.
PO Box 970997
Miami, FL 33197